Thursday, January 17, 2008
American Idol and Our New Child....All In One Post
Last night I set the tivo to record American Idol. The kids and I watched it this evening.

I cannot stand watching people make fools of themselves. I just can't do it. I spent the majority of the time with a pillow over my face so I wouldn't have to watch.

My kids, on the other hand, were laughing uncontrolably.

Do none of these people have parents who are truthful with them? They think they can sing, but THEY CAN NOT!

Here and now I am vowing this to all my children. If you are going to make a fool of yourself I will tell you. I will not let you go on national television to have your dreams destroyed by people who do not love or care for you. No matter how funny it may be.

Moving on.

I have been having some adoption related anxiety lately. I have felt like things are moving much slower than I want them to. I want them to speed up. For some reason I cannot just sit back and let God be in control. I am really really working hard on changing that. Adoption really is a great way to grow your faith in God. It kind of throws you into the fire and you better learn how to survive.

Dave and I have also been talking a lot about adopting older children and maybe even a sibling group of 2 between 3-7 years of age. I have been feeling strongly lately that we should be adopting an older child or children. Dave isn't really opposed to this, we just really need to pray about it. Any prayers you can send our way will be greatly appreciated.

Our home study was held up because I forgot we never got our TB tests. When we originally went for our physicals it was a Friday and they told us we would have to come back because they wouldn't be open on Sunday to read the tests. So, we are going on Monday which should mean the social worker will have our faxed results by Wednesday, and hopefully can finish up the report and get it into our hot little hands.

Can you tell I am a little anxious?

Well, I am off to bed now. I seriously hope I don't have nightmares all night about guys dressed in fur robes singing bad songs. That may be more than I can take right now.

Labels: ,


  posted at 9:35 PM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 4:15 AM, Blogger atHisrighthand said...

Hey Julie,
Isn't this an amazing journey. I am so like you, I am growing leary with how long things are taking. For some reason my 171h is taking longer than expected. I am questioning God as to why I am having to wait... I constantly need to remind myself that His plan is perfect and His timing is perfect... Doesnt' make it easy though! ARG...
Anyhow, thanks for visiting my blog.. Yes what happend to Kat was horrible and we are still in shock over it. Any time she is 5 minutes late this week I have had momentary episodes of panic.. But all in all God was so faithful. It was eye opening for us all, and God was protecting her! He deserves all of the glory for that!
Well many blessings to you and I hope that things move quickly for you..
blessings,
Elies

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Good point about being truthful with your children!

Second, I can imagine that there are so many decisions to be made about the adoption and I'm sure it is very difficult. I will pray for you.

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you must be so excited about the whole process. It must be like a child waiting for Christmas! I hope things will move quickly so you will be blessed with a child or children! He, she, or they are going to be blessed to have you!

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Chatter said...

I remember when we started the adoption journey I couldn't move things along quickly enough. Thankfully in Missouri you can't get away with just a doctor's note saying "____ is an good health. blah, blah, blah". So there were no health records, test or shots we needed to have. Thankfully!!! It helped speed the process along. But it's never as quick as we'd like. If you would like any yahoo group suggestions just let me know. I'm on several of them. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love visitors and congrats on your decision to adopt. We are so excited to get our little guy!!

Chandra
p.s. I love that you are considering a sibling set. While it can be a greater challenge everyone seems to be so thankful they did it. I'll be thinking of you and your family. Please email if you need anything :)

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Chatter said...

One more thing. You sound like my hubby watching American Idol. He cringes watching people. And depending on the circumstances I either laugh or feel bad for them.

C

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Crissybug said...

My Shawn is the same way when watching awkward moments on television...heck he does it for uncomfortable moments in a scripted show. It makes me giggle to watch him cover his eyes or walk out of the room because he just can't take the embarrassment.

Hang in there in the adoption process. It has to be so unnerving, but if you stay close to the Lord he will help you through it.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Hey Julie!
Gotta love American Idol.....
What people won't do to get on TV!!!
Praying for patience,for ALL of us making decisions,and waiting to hear any news.
Lisa :)

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Cakes said...

We're praying for the same guidance. I'll add you to our prayers.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Kim said...

What a great thing to adopt a sibling group...I'll be praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: