Tuesday, April 17, 2007
my friend lori
I have a wonerful friend named Lori who is one of the best people you would ever want to meet. I met her and her wonderful husband through Little League and I am so thankful they are a part our families lives.

I have written before about the problems our Little League has had in the last few years. You can read a little about that here. Lori was thrown into the center of the storm when she became our league President last year. She has withstood personal attacks that seriously make my blood boil. People have marveled at her ability to stand firm and do the right thing in the face of such adversity. As the result of her wonderful leadership our league is healing and growing and I am so thankful to her for that. Don't you wish your kids belonged to a league where the President was praying for your child and seeking God's guidance in all areas? I am so thankful I do.

Not only is Lori our league president, but she has four sons ages 4-13, and a 20 hour a week job (plus her 20 hrs. a week or more of little league). She is truly a remarkable person.

Lori loves to scrap book but with life being so busy she hasn't really had the time. She enjoyed reading my blog so decided it might be fun to have her own. I am so excited that she has recently joined us all in blog land. If you get a minute go on over and visit her here. Leave her a comment and a little encouragement. You wont be sorry.

Labels:


  posted at 8:35 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 10:39 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

What a lovely tribute to your friend. She does sound like a great leader!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

Sounds like a great pal. I will visit her new blog right now! =)
Have a great day!

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.k. now you are going to make me cry...thanks for the kind words. Whenever I can't stand baseball anymore I quickly remind myself that you and I would have never met, our families would never have become friends. I am so thankful that God put us both in a place where we could meet and become best friends. I have had "best" friends before but, never like the relationship I have with you. I know that we will be friends for forever! Love you.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Aren't little league parents the nuttiest? Prayers for your friend as she tames the madness.:)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Lori sounds like a true gift. I will add her blog to my favorites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: