Monday, April 16, 2007
junk, junk, and more junk
Monday's are usually the day that I try and get caught up from our always hectic weekends. I always say I am going to put the house back in order on Sunday night after the kids go to bed, but I never do. The couch is calling my name, Brothers and Sisters is on (I am seriously addicted to this show), and a bowl of popcorn sounds much more appealing that spending the next hour sweeping and throwing away clutter. So, Monday morning from 8-11 I run around the house putting everything back in order (or I TRY to because usually three year old is running around after me moving and touching everything I am straightening).

Anyways, this morning I had more than the usual to do because I had a huge stack of mail on my desk. I had not looked at mail in at least 10 days. Now for those of you who are mail obsessed (you know who you are) I am sure this would drive you crazy. I hate mail. Sometimes my mail sits outside in the box for days before I go and get it. I know, I know, this is very bad. Today I am paying the price for this. It took me an hour to go through all the mail, open , read, and throw 95% of it away.

This is my rant for the day. Why oh Why people do we have to get all this junk mail???? I do not want to refinance my house every other week, I do not want to join a gym (though I seriously need to),I do not want your credit card no matter how good you say the interest rate is, I do not care about your free magazine offers. If I want it I will let you know. Please, Please, I am begging you, save some trees and stop sending me all this garbage!

Thank You very much.

Labels:


  posted at 12:41 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 2:32 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I share your Sunday night feeling. I am always so behind and I hate for things to be all disrupted on Monday morning.

As for mail, most days I throw all of it away (or recycle it). I guess I try to find comfort in the fact that they didn't call me.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Delete said...

Yep, I avoid all; mail. I have it set up as a reoccuring task to try to remind myself to sort through it at least once a week.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Cakes said...

ugh! I hate Mondays for this reason. oh. and junk mail. I keep meaning to sign up for the stop junk mail program but I never remember.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

They say that large families hurt the environment when we don't come anywhere near advertisers.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Romie said...

Mail - I go through it fast each day just so I don't have it. Not because I love mail, but because I hate it. Believe me, 95% of mine goes in the trash too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: