Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Snow, Ice, Freezing Temperatures?????
















Don't I live in the land of sunshine? Am I not expected to put up with conjested freeways and an earthquake every once in a while for the benefit of a mild winter and plentiful sunshine?

My beloved Lemon and Orange trees have been murdered by this artic cold front. The children have been patiently waiting for the day they could harvest their citrus fruit. Now, it sits dead on the trees, frozen, unfit for human consumption (not to mention the millions the citrus farmers have lost from their destroyed crops).

To add insult to injury our poor golden retriever sat outside yesterday with an icile hanging from her nose. She is a pampered pouch used to lounging by the pool and laying in the sun. When I bring her inside she scratches on the door wanting to go back outside, hoping when she returns to her back yard paradise Mr. Freeze will have disapeared and Sunshine will have emerged. She has been very disappointed and has let me know by the dirty looks she has been giving me (I know, I know, but she is giving me dirty looks) .

Please, please, Mr. Sunshine come home. We are sorry if we have offended you in some way. When you return I promise to reward you with the happy smiles of my children running around the backyard with their pampered doggy. We will never take you for granted again. I promise!!! (ok, I know all of you in the east are laughing, but us Californians are wimps!!!!)

  posted at 7:16 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Janis Rodgers said...

Oh, your poor dog. I guess it is quite a hit to their system to get a cold front coming through! I hope Sunshine comes to visit you soon! Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: