Wednesday, January 03, 2007
A New Years Wish
I am a little late on my happy New Years post, to see why read post below. (I am now finished reading, and it was glorious!)

I love the beginning of the New Year with all of its hope and excitement. I also find it sobering to look back on challenges I have conquered, failures I hope to learn from, and all of the blessings that God had found me, little old me, worhty of bestowing upon. Truth be told their are no failures God cannot turn into victories, their is no pain that God cannot turn into joy, we only have to trust and allow him to do so.

I like to be in control. I do not like to wait on Gods guiding hand. I want to do it my way. How many times has he shown me that if I would just stop...wait...and listen he had a much better plan than I.

This is my greatest wish and hope for 2007. That I could finally not only know Gods truth in my heart, I could also take the time to apply it to my life. I would like to spend more quite moments with my family, slow down the pace of our lives, and just enjoy each other. I am going to work on keeping things simple, not worry about what others think, and do what I know God want me to. I know I will stumble, but just as surely I know he will be their to pick me up.

Here are some pictures of the best gifts God has ever given me enjoying Christmas morning with each other. (the boys were not dressed appropriately so cannot post their cute pics, next year I will remember to tell them to put clothes on before ripping into their gifts)

Gods Blessing on all of you!
Julie





Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

  posted at 3:14 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Ah the waiting game, one I am not good at. I know exactly what you mean. I too am going to try to scale down a lot this year. We have accumulated so much junk, and I will enjoy tossing all the junk (one of the joys of moving).

Thank you so much for visiting me, you blessed me. Happy New Year.

Laurel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: