Friday, December 08, 2006
I got an early christmas present...


Hubby and I went holiday shopping today. He couldn't understand where all the money went so I invited him on this little adventure I go on every year called "Christmas Shopping". He normally doesn't really like to shop (this is why I normally don't ask him to come with me) but he seemed to be having fun and getting in the spirit. It was fun picking out gifts for the kids and spending time together.

While in one of the stores I wandered over to look at new vacuums. Our middle son is in charge of vacuuming and a few weeks ago the vacuum ceased to function (this is the second one in less than 2 years). When hubby took it apart he found numerous items stuck in the hose as well as three full sized pencils (I was unaware you could suck up pencils?). Of course our sweet wonderful son had no idea how those pencils got in their and reaked havoc with the vacuum cleaner. Needless to say, I needed a new machine. I was looking at the Dyson's and had heard from friends about how wonderful they were. My husband wandered over and asked if that is the vacuum I would like (I was unaware I was getting a new vacuum today). I was sure he would say they were to expensive. Nope. He thought we should buy it. I was so excited until I realized they were all out of the particular one I wanted (the cheapest). The salesman came over and told us they no longer would be carrying this model so we could buy the floor model for $75.00 off. Sold! I am so excited!

After six hours, 4 stores, and hundred of dollars later we drove home tired but full of happiness about our fun day together. Needless to say I dont think the hubby will be asking where all the money goes again for at least a few weeks. Think of us this week when you are eating dinner...we will be having lots of mac & cheese as mommy and daddy spent all the money on their new vacuum. I will let you all know soon if it was worth it or not.

Labels:


  posted at 9:29 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: