1 Deep Dish Pastry Crust for a 9" pie (home made or store bought)
1/2 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. flour, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/8 tsp. salt, 6 cups
thinly sliced peeled apples (I usually use a mixture of fugi and granny smith),
1 recipe crumb topping (see below), 1/2 cup pecans, & 1/4 cup caramel topping.
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup butter
Stir together brown sugar, flour and oats. Cut in butter until topping is like
course crumbs. Set aside.
1. In large mixing bowl stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
2. Add apple slices and gently toss until coated.
3. Transfer apple mixture to the pie shell.
4. Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture.
5. Place pie on cookie sheet so drippings don't get in your oven.
6. Cover edges of pie with aluminum foil.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 for 25 minutes. Then remove foil and put
back in oven for an additional 25-30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven. Sprinkle top of pie with chopped pecans then drizzle
with caramel on top.
You can serve this pie warm or at room temperature. It is umm umm good either way. Hope you enjoy!
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ~